It occurred to me, as I was closing and reopening the Facebook app, that I haven’t actually done a formal introduction of myself on here. If you already know me (which a majority of you do since you came because I asked you to read my blog – thanks for that), HELLO! Time to learn some random shit about your truly. Let’s do this (in no particular order)!
- I am a Scorpio with a moon in Pisces which means you won’t see my “dark” Scorpio side unless you really know me. I usually give off a friendly Pisces vibe to everyone.
- My French Bulldog is named after the chameleon from Tangled; Pascal.
- I’m a HUGE Harry Potter nerd. I have the Deathly Hallows tattooed on my ankle and will get more HP tattoos in the future. Also, I’m a Hufflepuff. #badgerpride
- My favorite sport is hockey. I’ve loved it since I was 13 and have been a Dallas Stars fan since then, too.
- I used to want to be a pastry chef and have my own cupcakery. That’s where the nickname Cupcake came from and it stuck.
- Shane and I became “official”, got engaged, and got married on the same date, three consecutive years in a row. October 14 forever. ❤
- British humor is my favorite humor. I grew up with Monty Python, Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served, Fawlty Towers, and Vicar of Dibley and it stuck. My favorite shows to watch when I have the “mean reds” are Miranda and The IT Crowd.
- I’m also into 1970s British satirical science fiction novels. Specifically ones written by Douglas Adams. More specifically The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. My “DON’T PANIC” tattoo (in large friendly letters) is coming.
- I also go nuts for Disney. Shane and I had our honeymoon at Disney World (I mean, it was a gift from an amazing friend, but I already loved Disney before that). Yes, I’m getting a Disney tattoo, too. On the Disney note, my favorite non-princess Disney movie is Ratatouille. My favorite princess movie is Tangled. Rapunzel is my favorite princess. Shane and I danced to “I See the Light” as our first dance as husband and wife at our wedding. Precious, I know.
- My dream vacation is not the Caribbean, a fancy Mexican resort, or anywhere in South America or on a beach somewhere. It’s to London (no, seriously I used to read London travel guides for FUN as a teenager), Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany… basically all of the U.K. and Europe.
- My favorite color is pink. I went through a phase in middle school where I was so absolutely against it. I was trying to be a badass or something. I don’t really know. I was awkward. It was a thing. Don’t worry about it.
- Coffee. I LOVE coffee. I could drink it any time of day or night (though, I suppose I “shouldn’t”) in almost any way. I have come to realize that the more I drink, the less sweet I prefer it. I used to love a good mocha, white mocha, and especially a peppermint white mocha (during Christmas) was my jam, but now, I can barely take two sips of it without needed something to break up the sugar. It’s sad. I’m sad about it. I miss my peppermint white mochas. Vanilla lattes are getting boring. But they’re easy. Also, I won’t say no to free coffee, and I will always be down for a coffee date. Seriously, if Shane and I weren’t already married, he could take me on a date to a coffee shop and bookstore and I’d be his in a heartbeat.
- I sew, design clothes, and (technically) have my own fashion business. It’s not up and running just yet, but when it is, I will let you all know. One of my entrepreneurial goals is to have my own (successful) clothing store for women of all sizes.
- My all-time favorite actor is Audrey Hepburn. She was a beautifully artistic actor and an even more amazing philanthropist. I do love Breakfast at Tiffany’s, but my favorite of her movies is definitely Funny Face. So happy and light-hearted with the added bonus of taking place in Paris.
- I have what I consider to be an alter-ego (of sorts). She is an Irish, hockey-playing vigilante (thanks, Boondock Saints) who is covered in tattoos and loves to rock some serious heels. I haven’t figured out a name for her yet, but I need to remember to channel her when my anxiety creeps in.
So, I think that about covers it for now. That’s quite a bit of information for one blog post, and it’s a hell of a lot of words to read. If you managed to make it all the way through, go put an angel emoji on my red-lip selfie on Instagram.