There are times when I’m craving comfort and want nothing more than to watch one of these movies and curl up on the couch or in bed for a shot of familiarity. Most of my comfort movies are from my childhood/teen years, or they’re ones I watched or mutually enjoyed with my mom. Some are ones that I identify with or that just seem so cozy. Either way, sometimes movie nights are best done with movies that you already know will bring you peace and make you happy.
I have a separate DVD binder for my holiday movies and they’re all in alphabetical order. I mean, my regular DVD’s are in alphabetical order, but again, I have an entirely separate binder for my holiday movies. That’s how many there are. And also I have a weird thing about not wanting to see holiday movies when it’s not the holidays and not wanting to see regular movies when it is. Continue reading “My Favorite Halloween Movies”
Thought I would do something different here today. I was going through my “On This Day” app on Facebook, and came across this note that I was tagged in. I also thought it would be fun to give you an insight into my favorite movies. The movies are in no particular order (except the first two; those are my top 2 favorite movies of all time). Without further ado, here are the rules:
1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search or other search functions.
6. Now it’s your turn to make your very own movie quiz!!
- “You people have been chosen to reveal our existence to the world! You will witness what happens here today, and you will tell of it later. All eyes to the front.”
- “I’m like cat here, a no-name slob. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don’t even belong to each other.”
- “There are three hundred and twenty-six first editions in that room. Of those, three hundred are worth over fifty thousand, a dozen or so are worth over twenty-five thousand and I’m afraid there’s only one that’s valued under a hundred.”
- “You’re born into a family. You do not join them like you do the Marines.”
- “I’m a woman, Leland, not an oil tanker.”
- “I think you’re really beautiful and I feel really warm when I’m around you and my tongue swells up.”
- “If you want to survive out here, you’ve got to know where your towel is.”
- “You’re a little scary sometimes, you know that? Brilliant… but scary.”
- “It’s not a mistake. They don’t make mistakes. They don’t do random. There’s always an objective. Always a target.”
- “So! You’re being strangely cryptic as you wrap your magic hair around my injured hand.”
- “When we got adopted by a bald guy, I thought this would be more like Annie.”
- “I have to murder and dismember a crustacean.”
- “How do you plan life?”
- “What the fuck have you done lately?”
- “But the thing is, um, what I’m trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are.”
- “Well, he thought he was the subject of a secret government mind control project. As it turns out, he really was being given daily doses of LSD for 11 years.”
- “She put herself in your place. All you have to do is put yourself in her place, and the two of you are BOUND to run into each other in SOMEBODY’S place.”
- “Don’t worry. You’re small and you’re weak. That’ll make you less of a target! They’ll see you as sick or insane and go after the more viking-like teens instead.”
- “It’s a goddamn raven!”
- “Jack, please, I’m only an elected official here, I can’t make decisions by myself!”
So there we have it. Do we share some of the same movies? Surprised at the diversity of the movies I love (and watch repeatedly)? How many of these can you get right? Put your answers in a comment below and we’ll see how you did. If you want, you can copy the instructions and paste them into a blog post of your own and do a quiz yourself! I’ll post the answers in a few weeks. Have fun!